Optimize results. Enhance programs. Streamline operations.
With the number of nontraditional students on the rise, now is the perfect time to turn your extension school or CE department into a high-demand educational powerhouse.
Jenzabar CE Strategic Consulting helps you understand and apply the best practices to make your programs stand out from the crowd. Whether it’s continuing education, workforce development, or noncredit offerings, Jenzabar CE consultants will be by your side building the programs that attract and keep modern learners coming back to your institution.
With Jenzabar CE Strategic Consulting services, you receive the skills and guidance needed to:
- Increase enrollment and revenue
- Save time and resources
- Create successful profit centers
- Leverage modern technology and stay competitive
- Expand your programs
Jenzabar CE Strategic Consulting options:
- Organizational Efficiencies
- Developing Your Optimal Organization
- Get Your Students to Complete
- Program Review
- New Program Development
- Pricing for Profitability
- Understanding Your Demographic
- Needs Assessment
- Securing Outside Funding
- Staff On-boarding
- Staff and Administration Transitioning
- Staff and Process Manuals Development
- Mission Statement Team Building
- Launching a New Continuing Education Department
New Program Development
From idea to execution, you will be trained to efficiently develop the successful programs your institution needs to achieve maximum success. Learn how to identify the right programs to offer and the most effective implementation methods. By training your staff to develop new programs properly, you will be able to create, organize, run, and close classes successfully.
- Research and identify current popular programs
- Staff training on researching market needs and developing new classes
- State and federal opportunities report
- Custom program development template for departmental use
Every organization has a unique efficiency model based on staffing, programming, and departmental needs. A thorough look at each of these categories will identify any gaps in the organization.
- Full staffing review
- Findings report
Get Your Students to Complete
Learn to track your students and properly advise them all the way to completion. We’ll guide you on proven strategies for keeping the most students on the track to success.
- Training on student retention and completion
- Strategies for communicating with non-completers and bringing them back to the classroom
Developing Your Optimal Organization
Determine the most efficient use of your staff time to meet your programming, revenue, and enrollment goals. We’ll conduct a full staff review to identify each employee’s strengths, weaknesses, and interests. We’ll then redefine each role, allowing your staff to focus on activities where they will have the most impact.
- Organization review
- Departmental and organizational model proposal
- Job description(s) and staff manual review and rewrite
- Centralization of duties and workflows to attain maximum efficiency
An annual performance assessment is essential to your ongoing success. This review evaluates 3-5 years of past performance results to identify the most successful and any poor-performing programs, optimal number of classes, and best dates and times to offer those courses. The goal is to identify your highest-performing programs so you can focus your time and energy.
- 3-5-year look-back review of programs
- Identification of niche program opportunities
Pricing for Profitability
Part art and part science, finding the optimal price point to bring in the most enrollments while meeting your profit margin goals is essential to your success. This service looks at the market pricing of each program item. You’ll receive a personalized pricing template to help your staff price future classes appropriately.
- Pricing sheet specific to your organization
- Staff training on properly pricing programs
Understanding Your Demographic
Understanding your community allows for better program development and marketing strategies. You’ll receive a demographic breakdown of your surrounding items. By identifying your potential customers, as well as your current and future competition, you’ll create programming and pricing to best attract and retain students.
- Local and regional review of population
- Identification of target market segments
Put your new program on the path to success right from the start by identifying current and future student needs. We will help you determine if a program is viable prior to going through the process of development and implementation. You’ll receive a needs assessment for a particular course or genre, and we’ll also train your staff with a full tutorial.
- Target market survey, identifying programming items with high probability of success
- Staff training on how to conduct a full needs assessment
Securing Outside Funding
Identify funding sources from your community and state, as well as the federal government. Learn how to identify these resources, who to work with in your item, and how to apply for grants. Training of a staff member to continue this work is included. Grant writing, editing, or final review is optional.
- Research and identify outside funding sources
- Staff training on identifying outside funding
- Optional grant writing
Create the optimal hiring and onboarding process from job description through employee training for your organization. Create effective job descriptions, get expert help during the interview process, and have the right materials available when new employees start with your organization.
- Hiring process set up
- Staffing manual templates
- Fully-developed job descriptions
Staff and Administration Transitioning
Finding the perfect person to fill the Dean, Associate Dean, Assistant Dean, Executive Director, Director, Assistant Director, or Coordinator role is difficult and complicated, but we can simplify the process and help you bring on the right person. And while the transition and/or hiring process is underway, a senior Jenzabar CE consultant will temporarily fill the role.
- Expert guidance to fill a key open role in your organization
- Senior role job description(s)
- Hiring committee support and participation
- Temporary leadership staffing during transition
Staff and Process Manual Development
Expedite the learning process for new employees and assure all rules, regulations, processes, and expectations are followed with clear, practical manuals developed by CE operation experts.
- Organizational manual development
- Manual templates for future use
Mission Statement Team Building
Bring your team together with a proven team-building exercise found to be highly successful for both the organization and staff. Elicit input from each team member in a creative and entertaining way, and create a lasting mission statement for your organization.
- Team building activity
- Mission statement for your organization
Launching a New Continuing Education Department
Creating a new CE department will guide you toward stronger profitability, greater enrollment, and strategic success while advancing your institution’s mission. We will create and launch a fully-functional, self-sufficient CE department from conceptualization to implementation—and we will position you for lasting success through every stage of the process.
- CE department concept
- Noncredit course integration
- Implementation support
- Organizational chart including job descriptions
- Programming options